The ECG Brobdingnag project, named for Jonathan Swift's land of wise giants , was concerned with political party and other faction issues. Its outputs were an improved tech tree, application of issue/position/argument to very many real world problems (notably via the Living Platform interface and openpolitics.ca), the open politics in force mediation and consensus methods that operationally reconcile the common law of libel with the International Convention on Civil and Political Rights. See a net search on the most litigous libel plaintiff in Canada, an account of "antiquated" laws he abuses, and a history of political libel . Most importantly, an issue/position/argument assessment of libel laws.
Its successor project, Laputa stresses more the problem of implicit assumptions built into language: the framing problem, and to develop some game or economic simulation applying the optimal framing identified in prior projects.
 Relation to Swift's story
Gulliver's account of battles between the monarchy, nobility, and people resulting in a number of civil wars ending in a treaty, and a reasoned rationale for monarchy, is rejected by the King of Brobdingnag who describes Europeans as "the most pernicious race of little odious vermin that nature ever suffered to crawl upon the surface of the earth." The King may be based on Sir William Steele. Brobdingnag rejects all technological escalation, for instance refusing to use gunpowder.
The laws of Brobdingnag are simple and easy to follow. There is little civil litigation, thus the King reacts in amazement to Gulliver's classic account of the English common law legal system, an account that still applies (and stings) today. Brobdingnagian culture consists of history, poetry, mathematics and ethics, mathematics being a particular strength. The Brobdingnagians favour a clear literary style and a few short clear books.
To emulate these merits, a short poetry-like collection of living ontology patterns that can be easily illustrated from verifiable history that describe rigorously the application of mathematics to ethics was the objective of the ECG Brobdingnag project. A prior project, Lilliput, had identified the need for this application.
- a succinct voting system values account suitable to preface any electoral reform argument and the BSTV+L voting system that arguably meets these values better than other known systems
- the frustrated voter essay to explain how ballots that lack expressiveness discourage public participation, and the B5AV and B10AV systems of making decisions regarding watersheds
- common law of libel legal responses to any strategic lawsuit against public participation including a diagram relating common law versus constitutional law approaches to libel argument
- the open politics in force means to lead/manage/moderate any persistent and longstanding contentious public argument
- an improved tech tree, application of issue/position/argument to very many real world problems (notably via the Living Platform interface and openpolitics.ca, especially re libel)