Understanding, tolerating and enabling faction and their underlying tendency mechanics, and ultimately choosing to support factions is how modern nation-states operate.
Doing so is also a wiki best practice in troll-friendly wikis and political wikis. It may be usefully applied to any large public wiki also. See Consumerium's treatment of the issue, and openpolitics.ca and openingpolitics.org.
As a general practice, the doctrine: faction requires acceptance of the underlying tendency and synergetics between tendencies to form stable group entity like subcultures even within fairly small groups. Tendencies, like any habits, shape and optimize coincidences, by ensuring that certain types of values-based interactions occur more often, steering together people of like minds and values to collaborate more often.
Factions have only recently been recognized as absolutely essential to organizing language and rhetoric, and only trollish seems to consider conflict-driven views as central to language. However, its observations are not new. Trotskyite manuals, political party war rooms, the Alcoholics Anonymous structure, and Consumerium, all preceded it. Both dkosopedia.com and openpolitics.ca seem inherently structured by factions and shaped by factional conflict, e.g. for deep framing of their term:namespaces.
The basic skills and tactics and habits required of followers of this doctrine include:
- mastery of the mob self: the subset of yourself that becomes involved in, and engaged by, the mob
- the unethical linguistics of persuasion, distraction and coincidence: exploiting puns, false etymology, rhetoric, deep framing, and all the skills of poetry, as exemplified by the troll bard and imaginative rationality of Aristotle, Descartes, Shelly and other poets. There are obviously so many grades and types of mastery here that it is impossible to list
- act on patroll and as anonymous trolls, doing great things never to take credit, but only to help justify trolling as such as a noble action, meanwhile promoting uncompromising sub-doctrine such as [http://openpolitics.ca/Infrastructure+of+Democracy
Infrastructure of Democracy] and the follow-on doctrine:OPIF which puts open politics in force. Aid and assist at least master trolls "to project an image of a faceless but omniscient and omnipresent state." as advised by doctrine:troll
- assist plausible deniability: the twenty Os of Direct Action Fundraising,
deniable coincidence structures, and other methods that enable projects to self-fund
- support funding structures to ensure that funded trolls are well paid enough to avoid any "work" concerns other than trolling itself, i.e. rent paid, food and water distributed at the trollsnest
- a trollkit and trollset of tools that evolves in line with the uniform semantics, at places where rent is paid and very high coincidence counts can be observed.
- basic eco-syndicalism and workplace democracy skills:
workplace democracy</A> skills:
- keeping the boss out of the office or unable to tell what's going on
- as a boss, ensuring that you distract intruders while creating awe of the workers ("the Wonka")
- developing complex office culture with values-reinforcive songs, jokes, hand signals, handshakes, symbolic clothing, to exclude the unfit but enable them to rapidly learn if they satisfy the ethical criteria
- paying for transit time (critical) as part of employer obligations
- advocating work distribution including longer vacations, shared jobs, part-time jobs, shorter work weeks
- politics as usual (e.g. Canadian version):
- running for office: getting a nomination, getting on the ballot and in debates, advancing a platform you did not create or even fully support, holding a team together, and getting donations and receipts handled right
- co-option: making friends of your "opponents", lobbying whoever wins that office, and achieving your policy goals anyway with no concern as to THEIR faction
- mastery of MemeTank, FrameTank and open politics argument methods, and when to apply each to public problems
- mastery of all issues relevant politically, for instance in Canada, and related policy terms in at least your own bioregion
A broad summary of which is embodied as tech tree entries:
Without understanding factionally defined terms as legitimately differing based on values, priorities, history and consensus on conceptual metaphors, it's difficult to discover all doctrines employed by secretive groups.
Learning how to support credentials, avoid access control, align wiki to mindset and further develop best practices within a given faction is pre-requisite to learning how to support factions in general and thus learn living ontology.
- coincidence marketing (how one develops belief in particular framings)
- recognition of cultural divide
- doctrine:troll and discernments achieved thereby:
- doctrine:agenda and associated living ontology patterns
- core enactivist living ontology patterns regarding description/seeing
- effective teams and doctrine:agenda for organizing power networks
- serious game and thus anticipatory democracy
- political virtues - and thus to doctrine:OPIF and open party methods of trolling injustice effectively
- core enactivist living ontology patterns regarding actions/decisions