An ECG-defined role should be tagged both as tag:ECG and either tag:role (or tag:individual role). Listing these should be automatic, the fact that there's no way to do this is just one of many mediawiki gronks. Also annoying is the lack of integration between mediawiki categories and tags. For now this list of all ECG-defined roles must be maintained manually.
- ECG grandmaster (this is formally an ECG-recognized role as obligations go only one way: from the guild to the grandmaster).
- ECG adherent including ECG moderators
- ECG celebrants including smug pro-trolling trolls, clowns, and so on.
Minimal structure serves several purposes:
- Limits ECG dogma maintenance to a simple three-level hierarchy of master/apprentice/nominee; This has proven effective for instane by Roman Catholics.
- Lifetime recognition of grandmasters and facilitation of their work without further question is adopted from the academic best practices of tenure and fellow, the religious role of Popes, and the political goodwill ambassadors and knighthood models. Raising people above guild politics saves them much time.
- Allowing celebrants to advocate while not practicing, or poorly practicing, principles, is a civic best practice and again is widely proven in religion and political life. There's always a lot of propaganda and satire to write, much trolling to do:the people who do it best may not be the ones who can master and apply the principles.