Any normative or prescriptive statement regarding what zooid:itself "is", "should be", "will be", "isn't", "won't be", "will be doing", "won't be doing", etc., should link to this page so that the list of what links to this page is a reliable and arguable list of vision and mission statements. It is then far easier to find and analyze and relate requirements since they can all simply be listed on this one page.
Ideally, any statement on this about zooid itself would backlink to the page where the claim is made. This page would only summarize quotes and comments and claims made on those other pages, probably by linking them, and to dispute the claim about zooid itself, one would have to edit that page in context (thus ensuring that any such claim is debated in proper context).
 what it is
- "hang out space for people who want services but don't want a commercial or unknown provider, as well as a place to start new projects" - vid, on Short_history_of_zooid.org
- "transparent, accountable, communicative" - vid, private email
- "support for the operations of shared hosts" - vid
- "a concise operations manual for the system" - vid
- "a wiki for the new system-in-development" - vid
- a forum for trolls and sysops to negotiate their respective positions on that next system's features, prioritize suggestions, request fixes, negotiate main namespace for zooid.org/
- a configuration report
- a group collaboration space/ egregoria
- a set of projects that we/will/must accomplish
- a set of user pages for all users active on zooid:system
- a place for "community discussions (trolls?)" to help "keep sysops.be (or whatever) very tightly focused on sysop issues" - farm_boy in sysop meeting 2005-12-12 log - this position is controversial insofar as "the trolling has been tamed, i think there is some benefit to the extra structuring" - nostrillu