The require/reveal/enable/accelerate/deprecate/obsolete living ontology pattern describes all tech tree and build relationships. It that can be conflated to require/reveal/accelerate or requires/leads to where this does not cause undue confusion.
- require = without this, the tech does not appear
- reveal tech possibility when it is achieved
- enable further immediate tech development, some of which is revealed just now, some previously
- accelerate parallel tech development or other factor, typically a quantitative change only
- deprecate = this tech makes another less useful or desirable or more fragile or to not work sometimes
- obsolete = this tech will obsolete another
- obsoleted by = this tech is obsoleted by another