- geographical watershed location and ecological characteristics (which plants are native, etc.)
- water supply
- sewer and other waste water, i.e. "grey water"
- human and social environment, i.e. "the neighbourhood"
- wave trade input
- utility services
- pricing and obligations
- standard lease terms
Some other concerns and opportunities that have arisen since then:
- specific weather vulnerabilities, especially under climate change, e.g. hurricanes, floods, tornados, forest fires
- specific social vulnerabilities, i.e. close proximity to heavily populated terrain that will become unlivable in an extended emergency
- resilient community - per openpolitics.ca
- net power metering