Info/Features/Configuration (the present breakdown) has been proposed to shift to: rules/policy/implementation OR services/policy/configuration OR rules/policy/configuration OR services/policy/implementation
- Perhaps zooid process should be discussed first, before the above is decided.
- Adding to the all issues pages
As per next Main Page, which should be rewritten to reflect the final choice.
zooid:system info is now on a separate page so that this Main Page can be used as a main portal page. This was System Info but it's better to mirror zooid.org/system's name. If that name is wrong, better to change both to something more obvious, perhaps zooid services?
zooid:brand about the logo and name of this wiki is now on a separate page
Network systems an overview of available systems
Current System Configuration documentation of current configuration state and configuration policy.
Current System Policy documentation of system policies such as root editing policy and backup policy;
Please put all File Upload Testcases in one place, thanks.
- It's been proposed to rename these all upload testcases - does anyone upload anything, ever, but a file?
In this case consider that MediaWiki has its own definition for 'file', by allowing only registered file extensions, and limiting uploads to a predetermined maximum size. Where there is more than one definition of 'file' in use, I would prefer to be as specific as possible.
- Perfectly reasonable, but if it's mediawiki files (avoid the WikiWord if you can, it breeds very bad habits) implied, then 'all mediawiki file upload testcases' would be the most specific name. Then it's clear which concept of file is being used. Also the all (under user control) and list of (external phenomena not under user control) prefixes are recommended to avoid any confusion about the plural. Plurals usually should just be redirects to an "all..." or "list of..." page.
- So, pick one, and feel free to rename as you see fit. Be bold. The only limit on that is to be consistent enough that no one has to remember anything strange (like which words to capitalize, etc.)
- reflexive: how reflexive is zooid:itself? how much scaffolding is required? how can we make it easy to ignore the scaffolding for the ordinary end users?
- trolls: what are they? are they welcome? are they evil? did they write this?
- sysop - what is it, is it needed, are they just trolls who got here first?
- wiki best practices and directives:
Wish list (Definitions we wish we had)
Special:Wantedpages - not all are wanted!
- use root - when, exactly, is it a legitimate time to "use root"?