eg:itself, this project, as described in the eg:namespace (a project namespace), supports processes leading to open configuration of the real web 3.0. In particular, it supports normative namespaces separating contentious verb/term/position operational distinctions, and encourages ontological distinctions from new troll point of view. In the long run this seems to be the best way to let sysops be unconcerned with factionally-defined verb/term/position concerns and concentrate on keeping things running with minimal political virtues and patience. See open politics in force which is a more explicitly political, less technical, solution.
eg:itself as an open project is not distinct from this wiki, since the wiki is it's only artifact. This project is distinct from zooid:itself which is hosting it. A specialized fork of this wiki might appear at eg.zooid.org if this is required.
- position: Eg is a temporary hostname, nothing more, although wikimedia gronks seem to turn this name into a wiki namespace.. meaning you get pages like eg_talk:fu rather than talk:eg:fu;
- position: use the eg:Community portal for more general discussion on this wiki's role; It was used for a bit but never really took off, in part because this wiki moved from a hostname starting with "eg." to "http://let.sysops.be/".
- Zooid:itself is hang out space for people who want services but don't want a commercial or unknown provider, as well as a place to start new projects. Zooid has been provided by David Mason and collaborators in a series of technical incarnations since 1986.
- One new project emerging from zooid in 2005 was a more formal member service organisation to provide network resources to it's members. This organisation was founded by David and Grant. Dan and Stefan have been invited to participate. The organisation might be called sysops.be in the near future.
- Zooid and this new organisation were to be interdependant. In future, if not already, zooid will use network resources provided by this new organisation. The new organisation is not yet fully formed and still uses this wiki and other zooid features to coordinate. The project evolved somewhat in the face of virtualization and open host service designs and the emergence of peer to peer technology and wiki technology and democratic domain potential for users to govern reflexively.
- Given the technological hallenges, he future of that interdependance is uncertain. The new organisation might detach itself from zooid more or less abruptly and more or less completely, or it might remain permanently "a zooid project" that benefits from close association with other creative pursuits taking place in, on, and around zooid.