This page contains documentation of policy matters affecting the system, such as details about root work or backup policy. Try not to document technical matters in this section. Instead, do that in eg:boot configuration. For example, do not document here the fine details of how the backup scripts were set up. Instead, document what will be backed up and how often.
- eg:DNS outlines current DNS policy
- eg:root outlines current root policy which details who, when and how to use root, as well as policies about documentation and audit trails
- eg:backup outlines current backup policy which details what gets backed up, where, how often, and how many reverse deltas (i.e. previous backups) we will keep before throwing them away, as well as expectations of privacy.
- eg:email outlines current email policy which details all email handling, including spam trapping procedures
- eg:web outlines current web policy which details web policy
- eg:wiki outlines current wiki policy and applicable wiki best practices enforced in or for this wiki
- only block IP of a spam IP, not trolls or vandals - use User:WikiSysop for now
- only lock pages when other methods seem to repeatedly fail AND traffic is sparse enough that these pages will often remain spammed for days (encouraging more spam)
- only rm spam, not unwelcome but actual comment - use User:spam remover only